- March 22, 2017: 4-6 p.m., Mountains and Plains Independent Booksellers Association Author Reception, Tattered Cover Book Store LoDo, 1628 16th Street, Denver, CO
- April 1, 2017: 10 a.m.-noon, Short Story Workshop, Charlotte Writers Club, Charlotte, NC.
- May 4, 2017: 7 p.m. Main Street Books Sycamore Release Party, Reading and Signing, Davidson, NC.
- May 6, 2017: 5-9 p.m. Center City Literary Festival, Reading and Signing, Charlotte, NC.
- May 10, 2017: 7 p.m. Park Road Books, Reading and Signing, Charlotte, NC
- Saturday, September 30 at 10:30 a.m. Hoover Public Library Write Club Reading, Q&A, and Signing, Hoover, AL
- Friday, October 6 at 7pm: Charlotte Center for Literary Arts (Charlotte Lit), 1817 Central Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28205. Readings at the Light Factory next to Charlotte Lit. With Patrice Gopo, Rebecca Gummere, Travis Mulhauser, Trace Ramsey, and Eric Smith as part of the NC Arts Council Artist Fellowship readings.
- Sunday, October 8 at 2pm: Quail Ridge Books, 4209-100 Lassiter Mill Rd, Raleigh, NC 27609. With Mark Cox, Angela Davis-Gardner, Patrice Gopo, Elisabeth Corley, Travis Mulhauser, and Trace Ramsey as part of the NC Arts Council Artist Fellowship readings.
- October 13-15: Southern Festival of Books, Nashville, TN
- Friday, October 13, 2-3 p.m.: “A Reckoning: Novels of Unresolved Pasts,” with Amy Engel and Christopher Swann. Nashville Public Library Banner Room
- Friday, October 13, 3-3:30, Signing Colonnade
- Friday, October 13, 6:30 p.m., Authors in the Round fundraiser, War Memorial Auditorium
- Friday, October 20 at 7pm: Scuppernong Books, 304 S Elm St, Greensboro, NC 27401. With Patrice Gopo, Allison Hutchcraft, Elisabeth Lewis-Corley, Trace Ramsey, and Julie Steinbacher as part of the NC Arts Council Artist Fellowship readings.
- Sunday, October 22 at 2pm: McIntyre’s Books, 2000 Fearrington Village Center, Pittsboro, NC 27312. With Elisabeth Lewis-Corley, Travis Mulhauser, Trace Ramsey, and Julie Steinbacher as part of the NC Arts Council Artist Fellowship readings.
- Friday, October 27 at 11 a.m.: A Moveable Feast, Litchfield Books, Pawleys Island, SC.
- January 14, 2016: “The Writing Show: The Art of the Short Story” panel, Hub City Writers Project, Spartanburg Public Library, Spartanburg, SC, 7 p.m.
- March 1, 2016: Prairie Schooner Book Prize Celebration, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, the Great Plains Center Museum, 7pm. With Jennifer Perrine, winner of the Prairie Schooner Book Prize in Poetry.
- March 12-13, 2016: Tucson Festival of Books, Tucson, AZ. I’ll be on three panels:
- “The Big Ideas in Short Works” (4-5 p.m. Sat Mar 12, Integrated Learning Center Room 119). With Patrick Madden, moderated by Eve Cran.
- “New and Noteworthy”(10-11:00 am Sun, Mar 13, Integrated Learning Center Room 141). With Carmiel Banasky and Vanessa Blakeslee, moderated by Liza Raiser.
- “Short Stories” (1-2 pm Sun, Mar 13, Koffler Room 204).With Luis Alberto Urrea and Andrew Milward, moderated by Laura Penny.
- I’ll also be signing books at the University of Nebraska booth (Booth 120) 3:30-4 p.m. Sun March 13.
- For the more details, go to the TFOB schedule and click on my name. (Here is a pdf of it, too). The full festival schedule is here.
- March 14-15, 2016: Faculty, Tucson Festival of Books Master Workshops.
- March 31-April 3: AWP Conference in Los Angeles. Signing books at Prairie Schooner booth (#700) 10:30-11:30 Saturday April 2.
- April 21, 2016: Reading at Vanderbilt University Gertrude & Harold Vanderbilt Visiting Writers Series, Nashville, TN.
- June 26-July 9, 2016: On Fiction Faculty at the Sewanee Young Writers Conference at the University of the South in Sewanee, TN.
- Oct. 14-16, 2016: Southern Festival of Books, Nashville, TN
- Saturday, Oct. 15, 11:30am – 1:00pm, Room 29, Legislative Plaza: I’ll be on the panel “The Rural, the Urban, and the Search for Home: Navigating Landscapes in Short Stories” with Kathy Flann and Laura Hendrix Ezell.
- May 15-June 13, 2015: Jentel Artist Residency, Banner, Wyoming.
- June 28-July 11, 2015: On Fiction Faculty at the Sewanee Young Writers Conference at the University of the South in Sewanee, TN.
- October 1, 2015: Reading at University of North Carolina-Greensboro MFA Program Distinguished Visiting Writers Series, 7 p.m. EUC Maple Room
- November 13–15, 2015: Creative Nonfiction panel at South Atlantic Modern Language Association annual conference, Durham, North Carolina, SAMLA 87 “In Concert: Literature and the Other Arts”
- November 19, 2015: Reading at Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC, 7 p.m.
- June 29-July 12, 2014: On Fiction Faculty at the Sewanee Young Writers Conference at the University of the South in Sewanee, TN.
- Oct. 19, 2014: Poets & Writers Maureen Egen Writers Exchange Award reading, McNally Jackson Books, New York City.
- Nov. 7-9, 2014: Creative Nonfiction panel at South Atlantic Modern Language Association annual conference, SAMLA 86: “Sustainability and the Humanities.”