- January 14, 2016: “The Writing Show: The Art of the Short Story” panel, Hub City Writers Project, Spartanburg Public Library, Spartanburg, SC, 7 p.m.
- March 1, 2016: Prairie Schooner Book Prize Celebration, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, the Great Plains Center Museum, 7pm. With Jennifer Perrine, winner of the Prairie Schooner Book Prize in Poetry.
- March 12-13, 2016: Tucson Festival of Books, Tucson, AZ. I’ll be on three panels:
- “The Big Ideas in Short Works” (4-5 p.m. Sat Mar 12, Integrated Learning Center Room 119). With Patrick Madden, moderated by Eve Cran.
- “New and Noteworthy”(10-11:00 am Sun, Mar 13, Integrated Learning Center Room 141). With Carmiel Banasky and Vanessa Blakeslee, moderated by Liza Raiser.
- “Short Stories” (1-2 pm Sun, Mar 13, Koffler Room 204).With Luis Alberto Urrea and Andrew Milward, moderated by Laura Penny.
- I’ll also be signing books at the University of Nebraska booth (Booth 120) 3:30-4 p.m. Sun March 13.
- For the more details, go to the TFOB schedule and click on my name. (Here is a pdf of it, too). The full festival schedule is here.
- March 14-15, 2016: Faculty, Tucson Festival of Books Master Workshops.
- March 31-April 3: AWP Conference in Los Angeles. Signing books at Prairie Schooner booth (#700) 10:30-11:30 Saturday April 2.
- April 21, 2016: Reading at Vanderbilt University Gertrude & Harold Vanderbilt Visiting Writers Series, Nashville, TN.
- June 26-July 9, 2016: On Fiction Faculty at the Sewanee Young Writers Conference at the University of the South in Sewanee, TN.
- Oct. 14-16, 2016: Southern Festival of Books, Nashville, TN
- Saturday, Oct. 15, 11:30am – 1:00pm, Room 29, Legislative Plaza: I’ll be on the panel “The Rural, the Urban, and the Search for Home: Navigating Landscapes in Short Stories” with Kathy Flann and Laura Hendrix Ezell.
- May 15-June 13, 2015: Jentel Artist Residency, Banner, Wyoming.
- June 28-July 11, 2015: On Fiction Faculty at the Sewanee Young Writers Conference at the University of the South in Sewanee, TN.
- October 1, 2015: Reading at University of North Carolina-Greensboro MFA Program Distinguished Visiting Writers Series, 7 p.m. EUC Maple Room
- November 13–15, 2015: Creative Nonfiction panel at South Atlantic Modern Language Association annual conference, Durham, North Carolina, SAMLA 87 “In Concert: Literature and the Other Arts”
- November 19, 2015: Reading at Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC, 7 p.m.
- June 29-July 12, 2014: On Fiction Faculty at the Sewanee Young Writers Conference at the University of the South in Sewanee, TN.
- Oct. 19, 2014: Poets & Writers Maureen Egen Writers Exchange Award reading, McNally Jackson Books, New York City.
- Nov. 7-9, 2014: Creative Nonfiction panel at South Atlantic Modern Language Association annual conference, SAMLA 86: “Sustainability and the Humanities.”